Saturday, August 29, 2009

I do it myself, but I love you!

Today I gave the kids each a big bowl full of edamame beans to eat for a snack, and I noticed that Micah was struggling a little with getting the beans out of the shells. I offered to help and he frantically yelled: "I do it myself, I do it myself". So I said ok and started to walk away. Just then Micah got down from his chair and ran to where I was, gave me a big hug and said: "I do it myself, but I love mom lots, ok mom, I do it myself but I love mom." Then he gave me a big kiss and went back to his chair to eat his snack.
I love how he's becoming such a nice and attentive young boy! And yes, slowly but surely he did do it himself.

8 comments:

Erka said...

Look at him, he has such a gentle heart!

Allison said...

That is SO adorable!

Anonymous said...

What a kind and gentle boy you have my friend.
He is so adorable.
Lucky you Juli
Jori

Kathy said...

That is the cutest thing ever. What a sweet little guy.

Gazdik Family said...

Edamame and Japanese eggplants...
we can share a kitchen!!
Your boy is not only gentle, but he is SMART!!

wind runner said...

Oh that is so cute! I love how little boys adore their moms! Adam used to say when I kissed him goodnight, "I love you- go away." He likes his space when he's sleeping...takes after his mom!

Michelle Starrs said...

What a sweet boy! I love your kids!

Tad said...

He adores you Juli!