Saturday, January 03, 2009

Christmas 2008!

This year our family had such a great Christmas! I think, no, I am sure it was due to the fact that we had the chance to have our own traditions and still make new ones with all of our extended family here in Seattle. We celebrated Christmas Eve by going out to dinner with my sister Erka, her husband Paul and my adorable niece Juju. It was Erka and Paul's first time at the Cheesecake Factory, and I think they loved it. After dinner we went with the kids to see the movie "Bolt". We all loved it...I think this might be a new family tradition!
Then we came back home and read the story of the birth of Jesus. The kids had fun acting it out (best they could since there are only three of them:).



Right before bed the kids got to open their Christmas Eve gift, pajamas. They loved them.



Christmas morning was fun and full of surprises. The girls just loved this singing game for the Wii. It has all Disney and kid songs on it so Kaitlin was in heaven!

Here's Nicki with some of her favs.



And Kaitlin's favorites too.






Micah absolutely loved this soccer ball and goal that he got from his sisters. Now all he wants to do is either kick the soccer ball, shoot the basketball, or throw the football. In fact the only words that we always hear him say with his limited vocabulary are: kick, throw, score, shoot, football.


After our own gift -opening Christmas morning, we headed down to the Kent house to keep celebrating with our family.
Here are the three little boys wearing the same pj's. I honestly had a hard time figuring out which one was mine.


Nicki and Grandma Chan


After a delicious breakfast of stuffed french toast, eggs, sausages and more (prepared by Brian and Rebecca) we went to the family room to open gifts.


Nicki's favorite was this magnifying glass from Josh and Lisa. She was so excited. At one point she went around the house with a paper and pencil and asked everyone to write their names down really small, so that she could read it with her new magnifying glass.


The girls and Uncle Josh even got to build a huge snowman in the back yard.


I just love this picture of Micah! :) :)

8 comments:

Erka said...

Wow, you guys did have a great Christmas! The kids seemed so happy and grateful for the gifts they got! Yeah, I got the best nieces and nephew!
Oh, and that was the biggest snowman I have ever seen! Josh really is a good uncle!

Laurie said...

What a perfect Christmas--being able to do your own thing, but not missing out on all the fun with family as well. So happy your holiday was wonderful.

Curtis had a good time talking with Rich the other day. It was good to be in touch.

Happy New Year to all of you too!

Anonymous said...

it looks like you found a great balance of family time and time with everyone else. I love Micah's pjs! The kids look so happy!

Amber

The Corbridge's said...

So glad you guys had such a wonderful Christmas! Your family is beautiful.
We can't believe how much snow Washington got this year. My Grandpa & Grandma in Bellevue said they had 20 inches at their house!

Sarah Lunt said...

How nice to be w/ your own little family as well as the extended. Looks like the perfect Christmas to me. Your kids are looking so grown up and as beautiful as ever. I love these blogs and being able to keep in touch!
Happy New Year,
Sarah

The Teeples said...

What a wonderful Christmas Juli.
When I first saw that picture with Micah and his cousins I honestly thought I was looking at Triplets!

Your family is adorable and we are so glad you had a wonderful time this holiday season.

We love you.
The Teeples :)

Michelle Starrs said...

What a fun Christmas! How wonderful that you have so much family here in Washington :) We loved Bolt too, my favorite was Rhino. He was a crack up! Come and see Toby anytime! He loves visitors!

Kristine said...

Looks as though you guys had a wonderfully busy Christmas! Santa was very kind to your kids this year! :) Does anyone tell you that Nicki and Micah look alike?