All-about-Nicki weekend.
Our little Nicole turned 5 this past weekend! I feel as if we partied all weekend long for her birthday, and looking back I realize that we did indeed party all weekend long. I don't think that anyone else has received close to the amount of parties or presents in our family's history than Nicki did. I'm kind of worried for the standard that we might have set as far as celebrations go! Well, here are some of the pictures taken during this super fun weekend.
Nicki with her new chair. She absolutely loves it and Kaitlin is glad that she does not have to share her chair any more. Nicki started the day by getting to go to work with her dad in the morning. Then at lunch time they went on a daddy-daugher lunch date. This was the most special thing for Nicki since she is soooo close to her dad and loves to do things just with him.
After our own family party of opening presents we met with Grandpa Dan and Grandma Cindy and Aunt Michelle at Red Robins to celebrate. Nicki was so excited to celebrate with them, and to open all of the cute and colorful gifts that they gave her of course. 
We also gave Nicki a friend party this year since it was her big 5. For those of you who know me I don't ever do this. I much prefer just small family parties (as in just the five of us) where we sing and give gifts and eat the cake and then call it a day. But I guess Nicki has made some good friends ever since we moved here and she was just dying to celebrate with them, so here they all are: Nicki, Chloe, Shayla, Payton and Katy.
The girls (and Micah) had so much fun...they ate pizza, made crafts, decorated and ate their cupcakes, danced around, and took turns hitting the pinata until it finally broke. Then they just went crazy collecting all of the candy and stashing it in their party bags. Rich made sure to include toothbrushes in the party bags since we were providing so much candy:)


After the pinata we just went on our merry way and after a while Rich and I were wondering where Mich was. Well, we found him like this, hiding by the kitchen table quietly eating his candy. How funny! I wonder how many pieces he got to eat before we found him!

Nicki got to have one last party at Grandma and Grandpa Chan's house where all the aunts and uncles and cousins on that side (and Aunt Erka and Uncle Paul and Juju) came (all bearing more gifts of course). Nicki had a blast and she felt so special. Thanks everyone for being there for her...it's so nice to have family around!

Happy 5th beautiful Nicole!
9 comments:
What beautiful photos! I am glad she had so much fun. Good for her!
Nicki, we love you so much! You are beautiful and such a fun little girl! We are glad you had a good birthday! :)
Okay, how cute is little Micah sitting in a corner eating his candy?! I am looking forward to seing you guys tomorrow!
What a fantastic weekend! Happy Birthday, Nicki! That cake you had at the Chan's looks SO YUMMY!
I got your message the other day and I really wanted to call you back to chat! Call me again--I lost the number and I want to see how you're doing!
Happy Birthday Nikki!
What a fun day, Happy Birthday Nicki! So fun to see how your kids are growing. I can't believe you've been gone almost a year!
Nicki has the sweetest, biggest, brightest smile I have ever seen in a 5 year old!
Wow, I really can't believe she is 5! So she starts Kindergarten this Fall? I guess i never realized that she and Ashton would be the same in school! He's 5 in May. Nicki seems like such a sweet, fun and vibrant little girl. Her parties looked like LOADS of fun!
That sounds like a lot of fun! Juli, you have to pass your birthday philosophy on to Brooke, she has quite the party lined up this weekend for Elle's fifth.
Happy birthday, Nicki!! It looks like you had a fabulous weekend with endless celebrations. We love you and wish we could join in the celebrations with you.
Love,
Aunt Amy
Post a Comment