Things I've loved these past couple of weeks...
We've been so busy having fun lately, hence there hasn't been any time left over for blogging. So here's my attempt at making one post of the highlights.
First off, Rich and I got to celebrate our 9th anniversary in style this year. Grandma Cindy and Grandpa Dan watched the kids for us while Rich and I headed to downtown Seattle for a fun getaway. Rich had reserved a room at Hotel 1000, the most modern and cool hotel that I've ever stayed at. In fact, I really wanted to just grab one of the paintings that they had in their hallways and bring it home; it was just what I've been looking for. The hotel is right on 1st avenue, and after we checked in we went on a walk by the docks.
Then we got all dressed up to make our dinner reservation at Canlis. It was so fun to dine all dressed up and with no kids. We had an amazing dinner and great service.
This is the gorgeous view from our table. We could see Gasworks Park and a good part of Lake Union.
And my favorite part, of course, was this delicious dessert. My only complaint was that it was way too small for my liking, but that's why they call it fine dining I guess.
After dinner Rich took me to a park on Queen Anne Hill, with the best views of Seattle. We were almost embarrassed to take any pictures since everyone there had the most state of the art cameras and gadgets. It was such a clear and beautiful day and the view of Seattle was really breathtaking ... I fell in love with this city all over again.
The next morning we walked around Pike place and had some southern France cuisine at cafe Campagne. I loved my French French toast, and the frites and dip were to die for. Thanks Rich for a great 9th anniversary!
We've also been having so much fun with our Chan family these past couple of weeks. We had a great gathering at our house for the 4th of July filled with good food, fun Wii playing time, more great food, and later that night watched fireworks on Mike's boat at lake Washington.
Micah is trying to copy his Uncle Josh (with the both piano playing and growing their hair out. Good luck Micah!)
The girls getting comfy while waiting for Uncle Mike's boat to take off.
This was Micah's first boat ride. He loved it. Here he is with Uncle Brian. 
Kaitlin happened to be sitting just at the perfect spot and got soaked in one of Uncle Mike's crazy turns. She loved it and Nicki kept saying: "You are so lucky Kaitlin, I wish that happened to me". 
This past Saturday we drove to Oregon to be there for baby Charlotte's baby blessing. Charlotte was just so adorable, and cute, and pretty, and cuddly. We had a great time being with family. Here's everyone who attended the blessing.


I loved holding little Charlotte. Welcome to this earth little girl!
8 comments:
Ah, Canlis. It has been too long. Your'e making me homesick Juli!
It looks like soo much fun for you to be so close to family, and so much to do! I can't wait to come back to the Seattle area for a visit soon! Happy 9th anniversary!
Looks like fun! Seattle is the best city in the world i think... and baby charlotte is so precious! can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
Yes, that desert looked soooo good! The fourth of July gathering looked fun! Too bad we weren't there to join in the fun!
Baby Charlotte is so pretty! I am glad you guys have had a fun couple of weeks!
I'm so glad things are going better Juli!!
Looks like you're having fun!! Happy anniversary. :) We'll have to come visit some time.
Hey Juli! Wow so Christy had a baby I take it. Very neat. Happy Anniversary.. well very, very late one but happy nonetheless. Time flies. Your family really is so cute. My sister-in-law knows a couple from her old ward in CA that got called to Albania on a mission to be in charge of CES or something. She had no idea where that was... I do! Ha ha thanks to you of course. So I showed her your blog once we talked about you and what I knew about it (which wasn't alot) So have you had a chance to check out our blog yet? I can see you have been busy moving and getting settled and all. It would be great if you could pass along my blog info to anyone I know and might have forgotten to tell. It really does help to keep track of everyone.
Keep up the good work!
Can I come on your next anniversary trip?
I'm being serious.
:)
Post a Comment