Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A father's day to remember!

We had such a fun weekend for father's day! On Saturday we decided to go and walk around downtown Seattle, so we drove to Chinatown and parked there, and then took the bus to downtown. Of course we couldn't start the adventure without being properly "snacked", so we grabbed some popcorn chicken and yummy drinks on the way to the bus stop.

It was such a perfect day to be downtown. We walked around, did some father's day shopping, then got back to have an early dinner at 663 in Chinatown. We absolutely love the food at that restaurant. Here are the girls posing with two of our favorite dishes there: the minced pork green beans and the pepper deep fried chicken wings.
On Sunday morning we decided to let the fun continue, thus we joined Rich's parents and his siblings on a day trip to Whidbey island. Rich's family had actually been there since the previous day, but we just went for the day. So we drove up to Mukilteo beach to take the ferry across to Whidbey island.
Micah loved just watching the beautiful water.
Once there we met up with the rest of the family at Fort Cassey state park. In the 1800's Fort Cassey was one of the "triangle of fire" forts that guarded the entrance to Puget Sound. Here's a picture of one of the guns on the fort, with the park behind.
I love this picture of the three boys. They're even wearing the same sweatshirt, just in different colors. Totally unplanned.
The kids and I, enjoying the view and playing at the park.

Then we headed to lunch, and my favorite part was Kaitlin's decision to try eating oysters. She didn't like them much, but I love that she even tried them. I love how she's never afraid to try new things.
As we were getting out of the restaurant, we noticed a cute ice-cream shop right across the street from us, so we decided to give it a try. It was delicious! Here's a picture of Rich's mom and Mike and Amanda with baby Austen, walking back to the car and enjoying their ice-cream cones. The last stop of the day was at the Deception Pass state park. I was mesmerized by the beauty of the area, and the kids were equally thrilled by the quantity of rocks they got to collect and play with at the beach.

Micah was so cute! He spent the entire time just sitting down next to Rich, as you see him in the picture below, happily throwing rocks. We truly had the best father's weekend.

ps. sorry about the extreme details that all of our posts contain. They're mainly for my parents who live in Albania and don't get to see us as often.

9 comments:

Taylor said...

ahhh, yet another sunny weekend in Seattle when we are OUT OF TOWN!! never fails, whenever we go to CA, it's beautiful in WA. As soon as we move, we figure it will get sunny year round. :)

Christy said...

I love the details. I always read every word!
I am glad you guys had such a fun weekend. I love Washington. It really is one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Jessa said...

Hey Juli! Just stopping by to see how you guys are doing! Congrats on the successful move to Seattle and the Ortho business! You guys are going to do great! I am still trucking along with the pregnancy but at least there are only 2 more weeks to go! I feel like I have been pregnant forever!!! anyways drop a line if you have the time!

Jessa

Kristine said...

What a fun weekend! Juli, it sounds like you're feeling much better about things! :P I'm waiting by the phone as we speak...

Julia Harps said...

juli
i love that you have a micah! he's so cute. your whole family is. great to find you out here in cyberspace. we are alive and well in california.
I miss the UCLA days.

Heckachan said...

we're so sad to have missed the family outing to whidbey! we love doing the loop up through deception pass down through whidbey and then the ferry back (or the other way around). everytime we go, we fall even deeper in love with washington!

Utah Dancer said...

I love your posts! It looks like you had a wonderful time!

Erka said...

what a fun day! loved the pictures! I like it when you post lots of pictures!

L.R.L said...

Hey girl,

first of all your family is adorable! You guys look like you have so much fun, I'm so happy for you!

Secondly, could I get your address please?

You can email it to me at:
lisarenee131@yahoo.com

Thanks!!
Love,
Lisa