Winter Get-A-Way
We decided to surprise the kids this past Thursday by taking them to a local indoor waterpark/hotel called Fort Rapids Waterpark. Kaitlin was so surprised to see Rich in the car when we picked her up from school, but we just told her that he had finished school a little early. You can't imagine the shock on our kids' faces as we pulled into the hotel! They quickly raced upstairs and found this awesome bunkbed fort/room which also had their own TV. Needless to say they were already in heaven.
Even Micah couldn't stay away from his sister's cool room.


I love this picture of Kaitlin - pure joy!
The kids spent the entire time in the water. Nicki just played in the same pool the entire time, while Kaitlin enjoyed going down all the slides with her dad (and mom a couple of times). Micah was more than content just sitting there and taking it all in. He loved watching his sisters and didn't mind hanging out in the stroller most of the time. 


We had such a great time; the girls kept thanking us over and over and thought that this was the coolest surprise ever! Rich made the most of this mini vacation by playing with the kids the entire time, and I was able to finish the book that I was reading (the other Boleyn girl) in peace. Now that is a vacation!!!
11 comments:
That looks so fun! What a great family day!
Wow, now this is some serious fun you guys had! I had a lot of fun just looking at the pictures! If we had a hotel/water park like that here in Seattle, I'd be there for sure the very next weekend!
It looks like there was fun to be had by all! We have something like that here in TX called The Great Wolf Lodge, it's new. Maybe we'll have to check it out sometime.
Juli, I do need your email. Send it to me kmsallen@gmail.com
I love it! You guys are so much fun. I really love the photo with Juli holding Micah and he isn't quite sure about it all. He has such an awesome expression. I am SO excited to have you guys live so close!
How fun! Juli I just finished that book as well- it was SO good. When you guys head to Seattle?
That looks awesome. What a fun idea! I'm jealous...you look fabulous, by the way. So, how was the book?
You guys really know how to have a good time! I'm glad you were able to enjoy yourselves for a weekend. :)
Lindsay, the book was so great. I can't believe what role women had in those times...amazing. I'm sure glad to be on this earth now.
So THIS is where you guys were last week! I'm sure Rich enjoyed being with the kids much more than being in Michigan! So much fun.
I love your blog. Looks like you guys had a great time at Great Wolf Lodge. We will have to try it out. You guys are always doing something fun.
Post a Comment