Saturday, February 16, 2008

Congratulations Rich!

Yesterday was a huge day for Rich; he had his thesis defense. I was able to get a babysitter for the kids and go watch him give his presentation. Ok, so I know that my husband is smart and I KNOW how hard he had been working over the past couple of years to get his research done and his presentation ready. Even so, I had no idea that it would be so great. He did such an amazing job and I was so proud of him. The room where the presentation happened was full with residents and faculty, and they all had such great things to say afterwards. Congratulations Rich, you deserve such a great ending to all of the hard work that you have put into this research!
To celebrate, Rich and I went out last night to Marcella's, a new and hip Italian restaurant in the Short North district of downtown Columbus. If you ever do go to Columbus you have to try and make time to dine there. The food was amazing and so authentic; the atmosphere was great. I can't wait to go again on our next date:)

10 comments:

Erka said...

Congratulations!!!!! What a relief that must be!
Now, hurry up and finish everything else, sell the house, pack the truck, drive it to Washington and start on your practice! Piece of cake, right?!

Allison said...

Wow, congratulations, Rich! What a great accomplishment!

Heckachan said...

nice job rich! the end of the tunnel is in sight!!!

Heckachan said...

tag!

michael said...

I know the feeling of getting that over with. Congrats. Send me a copy of your thesis, I really want to read it...just kidding. Good luck in Washington. Keep in touch.

Mike

Nate and Amy said...

What an accomplishment! You have done so well after such a long time of diligent concerted effort. I'm glad you went out to celebrate. I am so excited for you to start the post-school phase of life!
Amy

The Corbridge's said...

Congratulations Rich. It must feel great to be done.

Taylor said...

congrats, rich, I'm really jealous!!

Jessa said...

Hey good job! I bet you are tired and glad that it is over! Juli! We are having a girl!!! I can't wait! Keep in touch! It is fun to see what you guys are up to!

Troy and Amber said...

Congratulations Rich! Too bad we are leaving Washington right when you guys are coming - otherwise you could have us over for dinner all the time again. Those were great days.