Seattle trip...Birthdays...Easter... and more
We decided to head up to Seattle (well, west I guess) this past week to see family, figure out some practice stuff and most important, to find a house to rent. So as you can imagine we spend most of our time in the car, driving around and looking at homes all day long. I love this picture below because it really shows how we just lived in the car for a few days.
While in Seattle, the kids and I got to spend a day with my sister Erka and her family. She lives right by the University Village mall/shopping center, so we got the kids ready and headed for a walk. I have to say that I loved that place. It's full of cool stores, cafes, grocery store and even a covered playground. Here's my niece Julia, about to go down the slide. She is such a cute, loving and friendly kid; we just all love her to pieces.
The girls loved this water shooting area. They can't wait to move to WA now just so that they can come and play here in the summer.
Since we had three birthdays to celebrate (Kaitlin, Rich and Micah), grandma Chan decided to throw a combined dinner birthday party for everyone in Chinatown. We had a delicious hot pot meal and then the birthday cakes. These cakes were so cool that I had to take individual pictures of each before we ate them. Rich's was mango, Nicki's and mine (our birthdays were in January, but we celebrated anyways) was strawberry, and Kaitlin and Micah's were made with mixed fruit inside. They were all equally to die for. 
Micah loved hanging out with Uncle Paul
and Uncle Josh
Then on Saturday we went to Grandma Cindy and Grandpa Dan's house where we proceeded to have more singing, and cake, and gifts. What a birthday weekend! 
Grandma Cindy was so cute; she took care of Easter for the kids. They found these cute baskets filled with yummy chocolates (some brought all the way from Whistler, Canada), then the kids had their Easter egg hunt. Micah wasn't that interested in collecting eggs. He just wanted to hang out with Grandpa Dan. 
Finally, Rich and I got to sneak away for a few hours one evening to go see Mamma Mia. We LOVED it. Can't wait to see it again someday. Kristine, if you're reading this I have to say that it almost didn't feel right having so much fun watching your favorite show while you're about to have a baby. Maybe next time we can go together! :)
ps. By the way, we found a house that we just LOVE. Can't wait to get there...
4 comments:
sorry we haven't been able to hook up with you guys each time you're in seattle! Erika watched our kids at the gym this week while I took Brooke's Pilates class (it's my spring break). Can't wait to have you guys out here! Drop us a line and we'd love to get together.
Those cakes are so cool! I am glad you guys had a successful trip and I am totally excited to have you closer so we can play! And Charlotte can get to know her cousins!
By the way, Mom was sooo excited to have the kids there on Easter. Did I tell you she made Michelle go around and hunt for Easter eggs last year? It is a good thing you guys were there or she may have made Dad look for the eggs.
So much fun to see pictures from your trip. I was hoping to see pics of your new house! The cakes looked SOOOOO yummy!
Juli,
Looks like you used your time well. I want to see the new house. You need to post pictures.
Heather :)
Post a Comment