Monday, February 11, 2008

January happenings...

Life is so busy now, with trying to get the house ready to sell, Rich finishing up (he's defending his thesis on Friday, so good luck Rich), trying to figure out and get things ready in Seattle...that I've had no time to blog, so here is a post of a few things we've been doing these past few days.

Grandma and Grandpa Gremi came for a fun visit this past month. The kids had a blast with them. Here's Micah with his Grandma...


and with his Grandpa.
Rich and my dad went to an OSU men's basketball game (against Michigan). My dad couldn't believe what huge fans people can be here. He loved every second of it, and of course it helped that OSU won.

It has been so cold here lately that the only activities we have done have been indoors. What would we do without science centers, and movie theaters, and mall playgrounds! So the day before Nicki's 4th birthday (more pics of that to come in another post), we went to Cosi (our science center here in Columbus). The kids had such a great time! They played in the toy area, went to a science show, played in the water area and did all other kinds of fun things.
Of course we couldn't let my parents leave without tasting the amazing Graeter's ice cream. It is the best (short of good Italian gelato) ice cream that I have ever had. My favorite is their chocolate chips which in fact are chunks of delicious ganache. YUMMY!!!


My parent's have been helping out with the cooking during their visit. Here they are preparing one of my favorite salads ever.

Delicious roasted red bell peppers, eggplants and zucchini , cooked to perfection and topped with a mouthwatering vinaigrette. And here's our little baby boy, Micah. He's 10 months old now,and such a fun, fun baby. I love this picture because it shows that he's finally at the age where he's starting to get in trouble. He just loves to follow his sisters around and mess up their projects. You can see how far up the board Nicki has to draw now to make sure that Micah doesn't erase her art.


5 comments:

Erka said...

Nice post! It was good to see pictures from this month! Oh my goodness, Micah has grown so much! I wish Julia had his hair, I could actually stick a hair clip in it!

Allison said...

Oh wow, that salad looks really good! Do you have the recipe to share?

I can't believe Micah is 10 months already and that Rich is defending his thesis.....way to go you guys!! Have you found a place in Seattle? When will the move take place?

Jeannie said...

Good luck selling your house! And I hope that everything goes well with the move.

Jessa said...

Hey Juli! It's jessa! Brian told me about your blog I hope you don't mind! You are totally welcome to check out ours as well! How are things going? I hope things are good! That is so exciting that you guys are moving to Seattle! I can't believe how big Kaitlin is! Nicole and Micah are adorable as well! It would be great to chat sometime! Good luck on the move!

Nate and Amy said...

I am so glad your parents were able to come together! They radiate happiness in these photos. I'll bet they had a great time. How soon can they come for another visit?