Friday, January 18, 2008

Sisterly love!


I love how much my girls love each-other and all the little things that they have been doing for one another lately. A couple of days ago Nicole came to me with her little money jar and begged me to help her count her hard earned coins to see if she had enough to buy Kaitlin a gift. When I told her that is wasn't even Kaitie's birthday yet she said: "oh no, not for her birthday, just because I love her mom". Then she asked me to type up a note, and this is what she dictated:

Dear Kaitlin!

I love you. I hope you had a nice time at school and I love you. Thank you for cleaning up our room all the time; thanks for hugging and kissing me all the time; thanks for picking out my clothes for me sometimes; thanks for giving me breakfast every day; thanks for getting the toothpaste on my toothbrush; thanks for reading books to me; thanks for playing kitchen with me. I love you my sister.

Love,

Nicki


How cute is that!

12 comments:

Jeannie said...

Awwww so sweet!

Kathy said...

too sweet!

Allison said...

That deserves a big "Awwww!" What a sweet little girl....BOTH of them!

The Cherry Family said...

That is soooo sweet! Nice to have great kids.

Erka said...

What a grateful sister you are, Nicki!

Kristine said...

That is the cutest letter!! I can't even imagine Noah having feelings like that (at least for a while) towards his big sister, since he has a face full of scratches from Kira. You'll have to tell me your secret to getting your kids to behave.. :)

Troy and Amber said...

Can you tell me how you got them to this point? Because I could really use the help!

Elise said...

Juli! I just saw your post on my blog (sorry, I've been MIA for a week or so!) and it's so great to hear from you! Your family is GORGEOUS-- look at those beautiful girls and your handsome little guy. And what a sweet letter! It looks like you're doing really well.

Jen Meacham Wyeth and Ashley Ferrell Rogers both have blogs linked on mine-- you should stop by and say hello. I also keep in touch with Amy, Jordan and Laurie, so I will definitely tell them where to find you! Don't you love the world of blogging?

Anyway, it was awesome to hear from you-- feel free to "stop by" any time! ♥ Elise

Heckachan said...

Aw, what a sweetheart! Is that the type of little sister you were to Erka? :-) Maybe I should ask Erka!

Nate and Amy said...

Your girls are so sweet! What a blessing!
Amy

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

Lofgrens said...

How precious! All your kids are so cute and so sweet. We miss you all!