Tuesday, December 11, 2007

December happenings.

December has been a very busy month so far. The house is all set up and ready for Christmas, and we are all so excited as we're trying to get ready for our favorite holiday. Here we are at Costco and I think that this was Micah's first time sitting in the front of the shopping cart. And of course nothing helps the holiday spirit be stronger than playing in freshly fallen snow.
Kaitlin and Nicole with Santa at our church Christmas party.
Kaitlin keeps getting "caught reading" at school. I guess when they have free time to do whatever and the kids choose to read, they get caught reading and receive a gift card (usually for a free kids meal) from different restaurants. Here we are at a place called Bob Evans using up two of her free kids meals. Thanks Kaitlin:)


Micah is growing up so fast. It is fun to see all the new milestones that he reaches. The other day Rich was getting him ready for bed and had put the bottle next to Micah so that he could get Micah dressed and ready for bed first, and then feed him. Well, our impatient son just grabbed the bottle and fed himself. It was way cute to watch. This month we have been enjoying lots of duets by Nicki and Kaitlin. Here's Kaitlin playing "I am a child of God" and Nicki singing along.
Finally, I have to mention the new addition to our family (well, at least for this month). His name is Twinkle. He is a special elf sent to our home directly from the North Pole as an answer to a letter that Kaitlin wrote to Santa a few days ago. Twinkle gets to spend his days in our home, just observing, and when night time comes he returns to report to Santa. Then usually the next morning he will show up at a different place in our home, and next to him there will be a letter that he wrote to the kids. It has been so much fun watching the girls get up in the morning and run to find out where Twinkle is and to read his note.

4 comments:

dots said...

What a fun month so far!! The girls are jealous of your snow...I love your Twinkles idea...maybe next time we can get Niki and Kassi together for a duet! Merry Christmas!!

Dr. Joel Henriod said...

Great traditions! We love the elf. And, I'm so impressed to hear that Kaitlin is playing the piano. I'm so proud of her. We are so jealous of the snow. Today was 80 in Charleston! We miss you guys...

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea to have twinkle come!! Your kids look so happy and beautiful! We love you!!!

Erka said...

I bet shopping is a lot more fun for Micah now that he can sit in the cart.