Saturday, June 06, 2009

Latest happenings.

Even though we have been so busy with our move this past few weeks, we have made some time for fun things as well. Rich and I attended one of our good friend's wedding in Michigan. It was so nice to get away sans kids. Thanks Grandma Cindy and Grandpa Dan for providing the kids with nonstop fun for the entire weekend!
AJ and Stacy were married in the grounds of the most beautiful building called Meadow Brook Hall. Just for you history lovers out there, Meadow Brook Hall is often described as an American castle. It is the former residence of Oakland University founders Matilda Dodge Wilson, widow of automobile pioneer John Dodge, and her second husband, lumber broker Alfred G. Wilson. In 1957, the Wilsons donated their residence, its collections, the estate's 1,500 acres and $2 million to found what would become Oakland University. Meadow Brook Hall was opened to the public in 1971, four years after Matilda’s death. It was amazing to roam the halls of the castle and to see the beautiful architecture/furniture/wall and ceiling carvings that it enfolded.


Here we are with the happy couple! Congratulations AJ and Stacy!!!

Since we had some time to kill before our flight on Sunday evening, we decided to go visit the Henry Ford museum. Here is Rich in front of the Reagan car.



Can u believe the size of the airplane cabin?




The day after we moved we attended the end-of-school carnival at Kaitlin's school. Rich and I had signed up to help out at the rat race since Kaitie's class was in charge of running it. Here is Kaitlin as she was coming out of the race.

Kaitie and Nicki tried to dunk Kaitie's teacher in the water tank, but no luck:(


Micah and Rich won us this delicious lemon-blueberry cake which we devoured the next morning for breakfast.




Lastly, I was found this awesome etiquete class for Kaitie that was held this morning (9-11) and while she was there Micah and Nicki and I did some grocery shopping and then spent the rest of the time at the playground by Kaitie's class. I had to post the picture below because I was so proud of Micah. He pushed this little cart around the entire time, from isle to isle, and not once did he complain when I would tell him that we could not buy a certain thing (like marshmallows, cookies...)







We are glad to be done with the move and to be mostly unpacked. The kids are getting used to the new place and they love it here (well, not the spiders that accompany this old home). Time to go make dinner...

3 comments:

Erka said...

I loved the grocery store picture! I wish they had those small carts at our store! The house is great, i am especially jelous of your deck! Oh,the tomatoes, peppers, eggplants and herbs I'd grow in there!
I am glad you guys had a fun time last week end!

Laurie said...

So great that you got to go out for the wedding. AJ and Stacy look amazing, I'm sure it was a wonderful event.

Kristine said...

Cute cute cute!! Great pictures. I am so impressed that you 2 were able to take some time for yourselves. Glad the moving craziness has now passed!