Saturday, April 11, 2009

Night-time sleep

I just had to record this story because I thought it was so cute and funny. I was putting Micah to sleep early a couple of days ago (around 7:15 pm) since he had not had a nap that day. So I went ahead and got him in bed and handed him his two favorite books that he likes to "read" in his crib. Then I shut the door and went out and into the girls room to spend some time with them. A couple of minutes later I glanced toward Micah's door and I thought that I might have left his room light on since it was so bright underneath his door. So I went in and said: Oh, I thought I left your light on.
Micah, who at this point was already sucking his thumb and ready to fall asleep said: No, no light. Micah sleep now, k mom?
And I said: Ok Micah, good night.
I can't believe that my son is old enough to not scream and wail if I go in the room and does not expect me to get him out of bed just because I happen to be there. My baby is not a baby anymore!

4 comments:

Matt and Kristine said...

Hi Juli!
It sounds more like you are a great mom and have trained him well. What sleep does for kids and their parents is truly magical!

Kristine said...

How cute is he?!?

Erka said...

Yes, he's not a baby anymore, but he is the cutest little boy ever!

Laurie said...

That is too cute! It's funny because I find myself waiting for that day too--when the baby will just SLEEP and we can all relax about it.