Thursday, November 06, 2008

Nena and Gjyshi's visit

My kids were so excited when their Nena (Grandma in Albanian) and Gjyshi (Grandpa) came for a visit in October. Even though they can count in one hand the times that they have seen their grandparents, my kids have formed such a strong bond with them. It's amazing especially since my parents don't really speak any English and my kids don't know any Albanian. Kaitie and Nicki and Micah can tell how much they are loved by my parents and how much they mean to their Nena and Gjyshi, and somehow that love is a much stronger form of communication than words could ever be. I am so thankful for parents who truly love my kids and who truly try to get to know everything about them, even though they live across the world from us.
Here are some pictures we took while they were here (not in any particular order).




We would not see these two (Nena and Micah) for hours some times, but only hear the laughter that came from Micah's room through the baby monitor. They had a blast playing with all the toys over and over again.

This is the first time in 14 years that ALL of us have been together all at once. Usually I would see my parents (both or separately) wherever I've lived, then they would go visit my sister wherever she lived at the time. I truly do hope and pray for more moments like this!







Grandpa Dan and Grandma Cindy came for a visit.



I love this picture of my three little monkeys chasing those three little ducks. And my dad chasing after all of them.





After eating a yummy lunch in Chinatown, we got to walk around there and show my parents all of our favorite places to eat.


8 comments:

The Teeples said...

Juli,
I am so glad your parents were able to visit. I still remember when your Dad came with Rich Home Teaching us. He had such a sweet spirit to him. What adorable pictures you got too.

Tad said...

I know you will cherish moments like the one where all of you were together. Those are the times I miss the most! It is great to know that your kids, nena, and gjyshi have such a great time…
My parents said “Hello” to your parents, and if they will be there with you for a few days, send me your phone number please so they can talk.

Allison said...

Oh, how special that must have been to be all together! I'm so happy for you. You can see the bond your kids have with them in the pictures.

Lisa said...

I am so glad you all were able to be together. It's been at least 4 years since my whole family has been together, so I know how excited you must have been. They look like such great people - they must be to have you as their daughter! We miss you.

Laurie said...

What a sweet visit. Such a special thing that your parents and children share such a strong bond.

Kristine said...

Aww, what a fun visit for your parents! I can only imagine how great it was to have all your family together at the same time. Totally off topic, but I cannot believe how long your hair is getting, Juli! It's so pretty! :)

Nate and Amy said...

What a blessing! I am so glad your parents came for a visit. Family is the best!
Amy

Utah Dancer said...

Juli,

I am so glad you were able to have your entire family together! How wonderful!

Candice