Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sunset Beach getaway.

This past weekend we got together with Rich's parents and siblings and their families and had a fun mini vacation at Sunset Beach here in Washington. We rented an awesome house right on the beach (thanks Mike for finding the perfect house) and had so much fun being there together. Here's the house and the view from it.


Every relaxing weekend requires lots of good food, so that's just what we had. Each family was in charge of cooking one meal for the group, and then in addition everyone ended up bringing so many goodies along as well. Here's Rich making some delicious chocolate-caramel bars. I think I must have eaten at least half of them!


Rich and I were in charge of making breakfast on Saturday morning, so here we are, up bright and early (well, at 8)and making our food.

Here are the little boys drinking up their dads' hot cocoa. Somehow the noise of the ocean, and the light breeze that was always blowing made it a perfect time for hot chocolate at all times of the day or night. Oh and by the way, thankfully we had perfect sunny weather the entire time. The weekend couldn't have been any better!

Our family at dinner.




We spend our weekend either playing at the beach...
(the girls collected all kinds of shells and sand dollars)











We rode bikes on the beach. I love this picture of the kids trying to run alongside me as I was riding my bike. Oh Micah, keep running son...


Rich and Josh played with a football ...


and dug up a big hole for Micah and Austen to play in.






hanging out on the deck...







Nicki even managed to get a full massage from Uncle Josh.



or playing games and reading...

Mom and dad Chan enjoyed being with all the kids and grandkids.


I think we all had a great time and have decided to make these getaways a new family tradition.

9 comments:

Allison said...

Oooh, what a perfect vacation!

jeannie said...

Isn't the beach great! That looks like soooo much fun! And what a grest idea to rent a house right on the beach!

Erka said...

Beautiful house, beautiful beach, beautiful everything! I am glad you guys had a good time!
Loved all the pictures, especially the one of Micah and sister Chan. I guess, I am still jealous of Micah's long hair. He and Julia should definitely trade!

Christy said...

What a fun thing! I didn't know you could rent a house like that! We should totally do it, too!

Winnie said...

Awesome! Wished that we were there too. Hopefully we can end up near family too, once we finish with residency.

L Chang said...

What a beautiful family! Oh, let me introduce myself. My name is Lindsay Chang. My husband is Jack Chang who is a close family friend of the Chan family. We have been trying to keep in touch with Mike & Amanda, and Brian & Rebecca, but unfortunately, they are not very active bloggers:). Anyway! I would really like to put your blog on my link list, if that is alright with you?

Kristine said...

What a fun get-away! My family had a reunion just north of Portland, right on the beach a few years ago and LOVED it too!

Heckachan said...

can't wait for next year!

The Teeples said...

Juli,
It looked so nice and relaxing. I am hoping for one of those trips soon.
We miss you and your beautiful family.