My trip to Albania.
This past week I had a chance to go back to Albania to attend my cousin Erinda's wedding, and to just be with family and friends. It was so much fun to take part in an Albanian wedding! The festivities truly lasted the entire weekend. Here's a picture of my Grandpa (the only living grandparent that I have left) and all of his grandchildren that were at the wedding. Getting to see him was one of the highlights of my trip there. Earlier that week, when my mom and I went to go and visit him at his home, he saw us walking there from a distance from his balcony and he rushed in to go and greet us at the door. He was so excited to see me.
The bride and I.
My parents and the bride.
After the wedding weekend craziness was over with, I got to enjoy a couple of days of sunshine and relaxation at the beach. A big thanks to my cousin Bruna and her family who let me tag along and join their family vacation at the beach.
Here I am with my niece Ester. If you are reading this Ester, Nicki loved the shell collection that you gathered for her at the beach. 
One of the days there we decided to rent a little boat and go a little further out for some better swimming. Here's the view of the shore and some of the hotels that line the shore of Albania. I didn't know how much I had actually missed swimming in warm, salty water, until I got in the water there.
I also got to spend an evening with two of my good friends growing up, Dorina and Jorida. It sure was fun going down memory lane with them and seeing what they were up to nowadays. I had such a great time and already can't wait for the next time I get to go back.
10 comments:
Fun pictures!Wow, Elona and I were the only ones missing from the grandkids picture! :( It would have been fun if we were all there!
I can't wait to go to the beach! I have been dreaming about it daily lately! So, when are you going to show me what to do with my lame hair in 100% humidity?
It looks like you had such a blast! I want to come too next time, how does that sound? You cousin is so beautiful and her dress was way cool. I am glad you are home safe!
Wow, what a great trip! There is really nothing that compares to getting home to be with family and I know you don't get the chance that often! By the way....there is no way that you have had three kids....you look amazing!!
p.s. we missed you this past weekend! Are you still coming to can peaches this year??? Let's set it up!!
i am so used to seeing you with either the taylors or our family; i love seeing pics of you and your albanian family! everyone is so beautiful!
What a fun trip! I'm so glad you were able to see you family. It looks like you had a great time. You look fantastic. No one would believe you've had 3 kids!
What a wonderful trip to take! When was the last time that you were there? Well worth your time!
Hi Jennie,
If you're reading this, I would love an invitation to your blog but I don't have your email or any other way to contact you. I hope you're reading this...
Ooh la la!! Look at you! :) What a fun trip you had! We need to chat again soon...
I'm so glad you posted pictures from your trip! It looks absolutely wonderful. Yes, I didn't realize how much I missed the ocean until I was back home this winter as well.
p.s. Is everyone in your family beautiful? Seriously! I mean, no surprise knowing you!
WoW! That looks like such an amazing trip! I am so glad that you were able to go back home and swim in your home ocean...San Diego isnt as beautiful, but your pictures and your thoughts make me miss it.
How could you look so cute and have such adorable children? Once again, you give me hope for my future!
Post a Comment