Back to blogging...
A lot has been happening in our lives over the past few weeks, and so I'm going to try and sum it up in a few sentences and pictures, so here we go.
Kaitlin, upon turning 8 years old, decided to get baptized and become an official member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was such an amazing baptism! I have never seen Kaitlin look so beautiful and so happy before. She had been preparing for this day for a long time, and was very ready when the moment finally came. Thanks to everyone who came to support Kaitlin on her special day! 
After the baptism we had a few hours to rest/pack before heading to the other big event of the night, Rich's graduation. Congrats Rich on becoming an orthodontist! You have worked so hard for this day...you did it!
Here's their graduating class: the boys and Beth:)
Thankfully graduation was a sit down dinner, where we just got to eat and enjoy the program prepared for us. We were so happy to finally be there, but at the same time we couldn't help but feel sad for closing such an amazing chapter of our lives. We sure had some amazing times in Ohio and made many friends whose friendships we will cherish forever. 
And a big thank you to all of our family who shared this day with us. Thanks for coming all the way here just for one day; thanks for all of your very touching prayers and talks, and help during Kaitlin's baptism; thanks for being there for Rich's graduation. 
Washington...
After all the packing , and cleaning, and goodbyes were done, the kids and I flew to Seattle while Rich and his good buddy Tyler, and then my brother -in- law Paul, drove the moving truck over the next 5 days. While waiting for Rich and our stuff to get here, the kids and I spend a few days with Grandma Cindy and Grandpa Dan. The kids had so much fun playing with all the toys in grandma's toy closet. Kaitlin got started on a quilt with Grandma Cindy, and Nicki kept making gardening plans with Grandma Cindy. Micah had had it with all of the packing and moving, so he just gave up and became really sick. Basically he stayed up all night long and wanted me to hold him (while standing up of course) all day long the entire time we were waiting for Rich to get to WA. Still, somehow he managed to get enough strength in him to take his first steps. Here he is right before he did so. Way to go Micah! 
We are finally all moved in our new home that we're renting (pictures to come soon). Kaitlin has started school and she loves it. She has made some new friends and is very happy that people don't refer to her as "the new girl" anymore. Nicki loves that we live close to our families but still keeps talking about all of her old friends and her old school. Micah is loving his big new room (the girls still have to share) and just LOVES to play basketball each day with anyone that will spend a few minutes with him. Rich and I have been unpacking and trying to figure out how to fit our stuff and family of 5 in a smaller place. So this is where we're at right now...I'll try to be better at blogging now that life seems to be calming down a bit.
14 comments:
Crazy, exciting times!! We did graduation, Sydney's baptism and our move from LA over the same weekend too. Makes for a really crazy, whirlwind weekend, but so full of memories. I am glad the craziness of itis behind you and you are getting settled into your new place. Congratulations to all of you! Can you believe school and training are over? Good luck on this new chapter of life!
Wow, You really have been busy! What great, exciting events in your lives! I can't believe that your oldest is really 8!
Juli,
We are so glad that your whole family made it safely to your final destination. We miss you guys already but are so grateful for blogs that allow us to continue to keep in touch with each other. Can't wait to see your new place and to hear all about what happens with your beautiful family.
Much Love,
Heather and Family :0
Congrats to Rich and to all of you!! We are so excited for you and can't wait to hear about your adventures in the Real World.
You have had a pretty busy few weeks! we are so happy for you and can't wait till we get to see you! I love all the pictures.
hope to see you guys soon!
Welcome to WA, hope to see you soon!
It is nice to have you guys so close! I loved the pictures!
Congratulations you guys! You're gonna love the change I'm sure. Cute pictures, I can't believe how big (and walking?!) Micah is. You looked fabulous for graduation, Juli! We need to meet up soooooon. :)
So many congratulations are in order! Congrats to little (and yet not so little anymore) Kaitlyn on her decision to be baptized. That is also a beautiful photo of her! Congrats to Rich for reaching his goals! Amazing and wonderful! But we all knew you guys would do it! Congrats on little Micah for walking and being adorable! And congrats to you all for making it through a long move--we are very glad you will be closer! Can't wait to see you!
You guys are already back in Washington? Well I'm glad I got to see you at least a couple times in Ohio and when I'm out in Seattle in June we'll have to get together!
Wow! I've been thinking of you guys since Rich was going to stop here for the night, but then pushed on through to Seattle instead. I've been wondering how things are going in your new house and how it was to finish school. I'm excited to see you soon at Justin's wedding...you'll be there I'm guessing? Your kids are just adorable and I can't believe Kaitlin is 8 and baptized already! She can tell she has such a lovely spirit from the pictures and stories about her. Anyway, glad you've made it "home"!
That was a fun catch-up post! I never got to see Kaiti on her baptism day, so it was nice to see that picture. It was so good talking with you the other day! We just got it confirmed--there IS a direct flight out of Butte's airport to Seattle!
Hi Juli, Glad you guys made it to Seattle all safe and sound. And congrats to Micah for taking his first steps! What a cutie he is. Ohio misses you guys, but glad we can still keep in touch through blogs!
Post a Comment