Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had such a great Thanksgiving day and weekend this year. This was the first year in a while that we had Thanksgiving on our own. We had a great time preparing all the food during the day. Nicki helped by just staying out of the way and spending the pre-dinner hours coloring quietly in the kitchen. Here she is next to some of her creations. Since Micah napped most of the late morning, we had a chance to prepare our feast in peace:) Here I am about to start cooking the delicious candied yams.
Our turkey turned out great this year. Rich was mostly excited that he got to finally use the electric carving knife (which took a while to find since it hadn't been used since UCLA).
Kaitlin got to help make the stuffing.
We took turns during dinner to share the things that we are most thankful for and I think that Nicki mentioned yummy food about a dozen times. So I guess the dinner was a success. After dinner the girls and I went to see "Enchanted" (which I loved) while the boys stayed behind to clean up and catch up on some football.
And of course what better time to start thinking about Christmas than the day after Thanksgiving? The girls had fun helping out with the tree and decorations setup, and Micah just enjoyed watching us and occasionally crawling to the tree and giving it a little tug.

5 comments:

dots said...

Sounds like a wonderful time!! I don't think we'll ever get a holiday "on our own"...your tree is BEAUTIFUL, as well as your family!! Happy Holidays!!

Erka said...

The food looked great! you guys know how to make good food!
I think Nicki is quite talented at drawing. Oh, and the tree looks beautiful! The kids are so lucky to grow up in such a great home!

Karolyn said...

Your thanksgiving sounded wonderufl, and I love your Christmas tree. Nicki is quite the artist--she draws as well as I do.

Christy said...

I am glad it went well. I always love to see pictures of your beautiful little family. Love you guys!

Kristine said...

I so need to call you, Juli, it's not even funny... there's so much to discuss! Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. Cute pics, too... you're looking like the professional cook these days. I could use a few lessons! :)