Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Kaitlin's first day of school.

I was looking forward to this morning to help Kaitlin get ready for her first day of school. Unfortunately, when I woke up at 7:40, Kaitlin had already made her bed, was dressed, combed, teeth brushed and she was eating breakfast. She was so excited for school to start . She said :"I didn't sleep a wink last night, I was so excited". I'm not sure if it really was the excitement or the awful thunderstorms that kept her awake all night, but I sure hope she won't fall asleep in class today. I was so sad to see her go this morning, but at the same time I couldn't help but be happy for her.

Micah woke up just in time to take Kaitlin to school.

6 comments:

Heckachan said...

Didn't Kaitie do the same thing last year for her first day of 1st grade? I can't believe she's so big now! I miss you guys! Next spring will be here in no time and I can't wait!!!

Juli Chan said...

Yes she did Lisa. The difference is that last year Rich made her change and go back to bed, so that I could help her out in the morning:) Now even Nicki gets up and ready on her own every morning. Thank goodness Micah is still a baby!!!

Kathy said...

Juli,
I saw your site on the corbridges and couldn't help taking a look at your darling family. Good to see you are doing well. Here's our blog
kmsallen.blogspot.com
Kathy Allen

Erka said...

I think Kaitie did great at deciding what to wear on her first day of school. I know I should be happy for her, but I am almost sad she is so grown up now and makes her own breakfast, and gets her own lunch and stuff... I guess in my mind she is still the three year old Kaitie that said cute, smart things like: "We need to trust each other" and "Aunt Erka, I know why you love me so much; because we are blood related!" Oh, and I love Nicki's hair long! i have told you this before,but every time we go to Baby Gap and Gymboree we can't help but comment that Nicki would definitely make a better model than the ones on their store posters! Micah looks so much bigger than when we saw you last, and that was just three weeks ago! These kids grow up so fast and they are all absolutely beautiful! All I have to say is that I am oh, so happy that you guys move here in the spring!

Nate and Amy said...

Kaitie is so cute! How did the first week go? Does she like her teacher? I hope all is well!
Amy

Kristine said...

What cute pictures! Sounds like Kaitie is turning out to be just like her mom! :)