Monday, July 09, 2007

Wicked!!!


For my birthday (in January) Rich gave me an amazing gift. It was a coupon which entitled me to a date with my husband to watch "Wicked" at the Ohio Theater of Columbus (so I guess he got himself a gift for my birthday too). The coupon also said that I was supposed to get a new outfit for this occasion. Big mistake! Little did Rich know that every few weeks I would go out and get something and say: "Oh, by the way, this is for Wicked, so thanks." I wonder how funny I would look if I were to put on everything that I bought just for this date! At any rate, the day did finally come. We asked a lady to take our picture when we arrived at the theater, but somehow she just took a picture of my face with Rich and the theater in the background. Wicked was amazing! For anyone out there who wants to see it but just can't decide if they want to spend all that money, it is worth every penny. Glinda (played by Laura Woyasz) was AMAZING and Elphaba did not dissapoint either. It was interesting to look at the story of the wicked witch of OZ from an entirely different angle. Rich and I loved every minute of the show. In fact, we will be in LA for a few days in October for my sister Michelle's wedding, and I am already trying to figure out how we can squeeze in 4 hours in our busy schedule to go and see Wicked again.

4 comments:

Erka said...

I like whatever I can see of both of your outfits! Yeah, I think I would like to watch that musical too.

The Cherry Family said...

Julie, I'm going to see Wicked for my birthday too! I wish I could get a new outfit to go with it. :)

michael said...

It sounds wicked good.

wind runner said...

Ted gave me Wicked tickets for a present last year too!! We went in Seattle. It was amazing!! so glad you got to see it! I didn't get a new outfit though...hmmmmm...
you guys look amazing!