And the cravings continue...
I was just browsing through the blogs on our list, and I came across the picture of that delicious peach pie that Christie Curtis had made. Well, needless to say I can't wait to get to the grocery store tonight and get some peaches. Actually peach cobbler with some slow churned vanilla ice cream sounds great right about now. If it does actually happen (and I don't get a new craving before I make this happen) I'll have to post some pictures of it. Thanks Christie!
Here's the picture I promised. It was so good that we finished it all in one sitting (with a little help from our neighbors). 
5 comments:
So glad I could provide some inspiration Juli!! I can't believe your prego- all of those anonymous comments on your blog were from me, I was having trouble getting my name to post! We are so happy for you guys!!
-christie
Wow. Peaches must be popular! Mike made us a yummy peach crisp for dessert last night. I'm up for something new, though. Send me your cobbler recipe when you get the chance. (Hope you are feeling better :))
Kristine
Hey Kristine, it's the "southern peach cobbler" at allrecipes.com. I would make some more of the dough topping though because it was way good and I wish we had more of it. How did Mike make the crisp?
Juli
Ah... peach desserts... reminds me of the very first birthday cake I made for Josh before we were married. He had mentioned briefly how he loved a family friend's upside-down peach cake. So I decided to surprise him with one. I looked online for a recipe and happened to find a low-fat one, "even better!"... so I thought. It was the nastiest thing I've ever tasted. Of course, Josh was trying to be nice and kept picking away at it, reassuring me that it wasn't all that bad, but after about 10 minutes of literally begging on my part, he finally stopped eating it. If I threw it out my second story window, with 100% certainty I know it would have bounced back up to me.
Juli, you'd have to ask Mike about the recipe.. he claims he makes it up as he goes along.
Post a Comment