Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Potty training

Hi everyone. So I have great news, well, for me at least! Nicole has now gone an entire day without any accidents. We think that this toilet training thing is finally happening. We started training her last thursday morning, and let me tell you it has been a long few days. Mostly because we all had to always know where Nicole was to make sure that she wasn't going in some corner to do her business. No, she was great. We tried to hang out in the kitchen all weekend long and do activities there, just in case of any accidents. If any of you are about to start toilet training a child, I have to tell you that I swear by the book "Toilet training in less than a day." And I know that it took Nicki a few more days than that, but she did get the idea of dry and wet from the first day. This book is so great because it doesn't train the parents to just put the kids on the potty every so often, but it trains the kids to just take care of their toileting needs on their own. We love it. And I have to say that I used this method with Kaitlin too and it worked great. So we are so excited for Nicki and us. The only bad things so far are that she won't use any toilets in public places and that we have to make sure we get her up around 6:30 in the morning, before she wakes up on her own, so that she can make it to the toilet. Thankfully Rich is always up by then so he helps her with that. Well, that's all for now. Wish us good luck!

3 comments:

Alan said...

Juli, that is SUCH great news! We are doing the exact same thing right now with Alex! I am going to have to run out and get that book you mentioned. Congrats to you all. - christie

Dr. Chan said...

Christie,
Good luck to you too. Let me know how he does. By the way, have you guys moved yet, and where?
Juli

Heckachan said...

Good job!!! Way to go guys :-) Shoulda bought that book for our "baby"! (By the way, Sugar has gone on to join grandpa Ma. You can visit her near the cabana in Kent next time you're here)