Sunday, September 02, 2007

Some of my favorites.

I was doing some grocery shopping on Saturday evening and I noticed that they had my favorite flowers on sale. Of course after I got them I had to run to Michaels to get a big enough vase for the beautiful gladiolas. Well worth all the trouble if you ask me. I can't help but smile every time I walk by them. Funny how beautiful flowers put me in such a good mood!
Our friend Curtis went salmon fishing in Alaska a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't believe my luck when he came knocking on our door a few nights ago, and shared some of the salmon with us. Well, we got to cook it today for our Sunday dinner, and yes, it was way good. In fact I think we all gained a few pounds after this Sunday meal (thanks to the cake). It was way worth it though. Can't wait to move to Washington and get to eat really fresh salmon all the time.

3 comments:

Erka said...

How yummy! I am craving some salmon too now! I LOVE the flowers!
I really want to plant some when I have my own house.

Christy said...

Aren't those some of Erka's favorite flowers? I'm so excited for you guys to move out here.

Nico, Zara and little David said...

Juli,
I LOVED your flowers. Gladiolas are just gorgeous! You, guys, eat very healthy, in Mediterranean style! that is great and I am amazed that your kids are so well behaved that you can put real plates on the table for them. Good job. your house looks very clean too (you are a real European)!