Sunday, April 16, 2006

Reading suggestions

Reading suggestions and more…
Ok, so since we moved to Ohio (about 10 months ago) I have rediscovered my love of reading(which is very pricey if I dare say, since I have to visit my chiropractor weekly now to make up for all that excruciating neck pain…Mike and Brian, where are you when we need you!). I am in the process of finishing the last book from Harlan Coben, and now I’m wondering which author to tackle next. Any suggestions? Keep in mind I love mysteries, can only handle so many horrors in a row, and don’t care much for romance; well, a little mixed up in a good mystery is ok. So again, any suggestions will be welcomed.


Besides reading, studying and taking care of my family (not in that order of course) I have also started making necklaces again. Well, actually I haven’t been to a bead show since last year, but I have tried to get creative with what I had and made a few necklaces. I can’t wait till June when we’ll be in Seattle since there is a bead show there that same weekend. Rich and I had a dinner event to attend this past weekend, and I was able to put some stuff together and make a necklace for my dress. I hope some day (when we actually make money) to get more into this jewelry making business. Trouble is that I like to use real stuff (as in silver, semiprecious stones etc) so it really will have to wait till school is over with. So when that finally happens all the women in my Christmas list will know what they’ll get as a gift from me. And don’t worry, when my collection of beads gets bigger, the necklaces will get better.

2 comments:

Heckachan said...

Those necklaces are so pretty! And I like the haircut too :-) Can't wait to see you all in June.

I'll have to admit, I've been too busy to read lately. I think the last book I read was one you recommended to me :-) I take that back (don't know why I just don't hit the delete button, too tired), I finished reading an Amy Tan book that was pretty good. A friend recommended another Amy Tan book to me as well. Have you seen The Joy Luck Club?

Julia said...

Great necklaces, Juli! You should try selling them to local stores, or even eBay! One of our friend's has been importing things and selling them for a GREAT price on eBay...I believe he's also sold some of his wife's jewelry to local shops, too. BTW, the girls are CUTE!!